To fulfil its mission of providing free channels for the acquisition of information and knowledge, Zaccheus Onumba Dibiaezue Memorial Libraries has as its core service the provision of library facilities. These rules have been made to ensure that the Library runs smoothly and its environment is conducive for all visitors.
1. Only persons with valid Library cards may use the facilities of the Library. Library staff and security personnel may ask to see the Library card of any user at any time.
2. Library staff and security personnel may check the property of anyone entering or leaving the Library.
3.Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not take any bag into the Library. Bags have to be placed in areas designated for that purpose.
4. Library users are expected to use Library property cautiously.
5. All visitors (including Library cardholders) have to sign-in on entering the Library and sign-out when leaving, in the register provided for that purpose.
6. Zaccheus Onumba Dibiaezue Memorial Libraries will bear no responsibility for any item belonging to visitors that is lost, damaged or stolen in or around the Library.
7. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not sell any goods or services, distribute any type of materials or conduct campaigns or surveys in or around the Library.
8. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not engage in any activity in and around the Library that is prohibited by any law or regulation.
9. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not sleep, smoke, eat or drink (except water from the dispensers provided by the Library) in the Library.
10. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not fight, speak in loud or threatening tones or use abusive language.
11. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not harass or threaten Library staff or other visitors.
12. Visitors (including Library cardholders) may not make or receive calls in the Library.
13. Parents/guardians are solely responsible for the safety and actions of their children/wards. If a child is left unattended at the time the Library is to close, Library staff will take the child to the nearest police station.
14. Some reading areas are reserved for 'Friend of the Library' cardholders and may be used by Library cardholders of that category only.
If you have any questions regarding these rules please consult a Library staff. Failure to comply with them will result in the suspension or cancellation of your Library card.
You can click the link below to read
1. Our Computer and Internet Access Rules